The day God spoke

Today I realized something that is so obvious yet so not. As a Christian you realize that you have been made new and all your sins are forgiven, yet theres still that part of you that wants to reach a higher level. But, there is allays something hindering it.

Over the last few months I have felt like i had all my ducks in a row, I was growing, and becoming more Christ like. But tonight God spoke something into my heart that I had forgotten until now. He said "you were wicked", three little words. Its obvious that I am wicked, I am a work in progress trying to change into a person that Christ would be proud of, but tonight I felt wicked.

You see, I had lost the sense that Christ took on all my wickedness and tossed it in the trash forever. But I forgot that, its almost as if I thought I was doing this on my own. Tonight God changed me, its no longer Ryan that is shaping things, its God that is shaping me.

I don't know what it is about re-realizing that everything I am is because of what Christ did. Its not that I had forgotten It i just needed to re-realize it.

To me its like God is saying go back to the basics, then everything else will fall into place.

0 comments: